Team Out of City Weblog Hub (Outoftownblog.com) – The most effective choices in a lunch menu is the savory adobong manok. “Adobo” got here from the Spanish phrase “adobar” which means “marinade,” however the substances for adobo already existed earlier than the Spanish occupation. Our pre-colonial ancestors used salt and vinegar to protect meals since there was no fridge or superior expertise corresponding to the usage of synthetic preservatives again then. By way of buying and selling with the Chinese language, we found soy sauce as a scrumptious ingredient in making ready meals and as a substitute for salt to extend the shelf lifetime of cooked meats.
The Filipino Hen Adobo or Adobong Manok has cousins such because the Mexican and Spanish adobo. No matter its origins, adobo is not going to be an adobo with out the steadiness of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, and bay leaf.
The entire a part of the hen can be utilized for adobo, however selection cuts are additionally obtainable in supermarkets.
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4 – 5
- Fundamental Substances: Hen
- Cooking Type: Stewed
Hen Adobo Substances
- 1-kilogram hen meat, choose cuts
- 1 tablespoon / 15ml cooking oil
- 1 cup or 240 ml soy sauce
- 1 cup or 240 ml vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 items dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon complete black pepper
- 300ml water
- ¼ teaspoon salt (elective)
- Marinate the hen cuts in soy sauce and garlic in a single day or for not less than 1 to three hours. Place them in a sealed container contained in the fridge.
- Take out the hen from the fridge not less than half-hour earlier than cooking. Put aside the marinade with the garlic bits from the hen.
- Warmth the pan, pour the cooking oil, after which set to low warmth.
- Fry all sides of the hen for 3 minutes or till gentle brown.
- Add the marinade with garlic bits and water to the pan.
- Boil for five minutes and add the bay leaves and black pepper.
- Simmer in low warmth for half-hour.
- Stir within the vinegar and let cook dinner for 10 extra minutes.
- Add salt to your style and serve sizzling.
Remark down under when you have different Traditional Adobong Manok recipes and cooking tricks to share. Observe Out of City Journey Weblog on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Pinterest if you’d like easy-to-cook Pinoy meals recipes.
Learn: Adobong Baboy Recipe: How To Prepare dinner Pork Adobo